Experienced Project Designer
Studio Rick Joy is seeking an experienced designer to support our continued growth. We are an intimate, collaborative office and everyone wears multiple hats, but as the Project Designer / Architect your primary responsibility will be to help develop projects throughout the US and Internationally from Concept through Contract administration.
The ideal candidate should have the following qualifications and experience:
- Minimum of 6+ years of experience in the field.
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture.
- An innate desire to produce meaningful / thoughtful work and an understanding of our design ethos.
- Excellent design and graphic skills, with the ability to participate in the conceptualization and design of complex projects from the pre-design through construction document phases.
- Ability to lead documentation of projects and capable of detailing and producing construction documents.
- Experience in consultant coordination.
- Highly proficient in digital modeling and representation.
- A flexible and proactive approach to work in a collaborative environment as part of a team.
- Proficiency with Revit, AutoCAD, Rhino, and Adobe Suite.
In addition to a Studio Rick Joy offers a competitive salary and provides a generous benefits package that includes paid time off, paid holidays, health plan, 401k match, bonuses and more.
All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship and must already possess long-term work authorization.
To apply, please send a CV, cover letter, and relevant work samples as PDF attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line ‘Experienced Designer.’ Limit file sizes to 8MB. No phone calls please.
Experienced Technical Architect
Studio Rick Joy is seeking a Technical Architect to assist and develop thoughtful design solutions on multiple projects throughout the US and abroad. As the Technical Architect your primary responsibility will be to help lead the detailed design development of projects through Contract Administration.
The ideal candidate would start October 2021 and have the following qualifications and experience:
- A desire to produce meaningful / thoughtful work and understand the studio’s design ethos.
- A high degree of self-motivation, flexibility, and resourcefulness.
- Strong technical and design capabilities.
- The desire and ability to collaborate with senior staff openly and effectively.
- Ability to serve as a technical resource and guide to intermediate and junior staff.
- Collaborate with project teams to establish, promote, and enforce architectural standards, policies, and procedures.
- Expertise in drafting and reviewing architectural drawings and reviewing shop and consultant drawings.
- A flexible and proactive approach to working in a collaborative environment as part of a team.
- Knowledge of conducting code research and reviews to ensure compliance.
- QA/QC knowledge.
- Proficient in Revit, AutoCAD, and Adobe Suite and other applicable applications.
- Legally authorized to work long-term in the United States.
This position can be in studio or remote with occasional visits to the studio as needed.
To apply, please send a CV, cover letter, and relevant work samples to email@example.com, with the subject line ‘Technical Architect.’ Please limit attachments to 10MB.